I couldn’t make this up if I tried for 30 minutes.
A pool party turned into a chemistry experiment gone wrong in Mexico when organizers poured liquid nitrogen into the pool, creating a noxious fog that put one man in a coma and sickened eight others.
The nitrogen formed a thick cloud over the pool and hampered revelers’ breathing, proving almost deadly.
The fun-filled day at the Leon party, hosted by drink company Jägermeister, took a turn for the worse after four bottles of nitrogen were poured into the pool, The Mirror reported.
“They realized that I had fainted because they saw the tray floating alone in the pool,” Jael Jimenez, a hostess at the party, told Milenio.com. “Otherwise, I might have drowned.”
Jimenez was one of several who jumped in the pool and fell ill. Many passed out and slipped under the water.
Most victims have been treated and released from the hospital. Jose Ignacio Lopez del Toro, 21, remains in intensive care in a coma, Univision Noticias reported.
Don’t do it Moguls, and if you do please send us the video. I would like to laugh at you.