Well the days are getting longer and the mercury is rising. So what better way to celebrate the fresh, hot air than to hop on someone’s plane and float away. Or packing up the ride and hitting the highway Easy Rider style. But, before you leave home make sure you are well equipped for the adventure.
- Hair and body wash: You don’t want to be stuck with using the hotel selection or over-spend down at the shop next to the lobby. You want to make sure you have your own special bottles.
- Shaving Cream, Razor & Aftershave: You have to stay fresh unless you are going for the weekend look.
- Cologne: Pack for the season, since it is a summer trip take along a nice light fragrance.
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Floss : Self explanatory
- Lint Roller: Can’t have that nice black shirt looking like it has gray hair.
- Band-Aids: You might end up slicing some shit.
- A crisp $20: In case you lose all of your stash. You at least have $20 waiting on you back at the room.
- Extra pair of contacts or glasses: Don’t get caught out there without it.
Here is an essential article for you gentlemen who are looking to step up your wardrobe game.
How to Build your Wardrobe – Part 1
from The Art of Manliness by Antonio
Our appearance speaks louder than our words…..
Every day we pass by hundreds of people on the subway, in hallways, or on the streets, never saying a word. Yet despite the lack of verbal communication, decisions are being made as to the trustworthiness and intentions of those around you. Doubt this? Try wearing a ski mask and trench coat while gesturing wildly with your arms. In the 15 minutes you have before the police show-up, take note that despite not saying a single word your appearance has sent a message.
Yes, what I just said is unfair. Right now you may be thinking “Judge me not by my clothing, but by the integrity in which I live my life” – and I couldn’t agree more. But life isn’t fair, human beings have and will continue to judge others based on the information presented to them – and in most situations this is at first our physical appearance. Dress like a thug and people treat you like one; dress like a professional and you’ll have doors opened for you.
Your Bachelor Pad
by Allen Thompson
Yes, the term “bachelor pad” may be a little dated, but the concept is still the same. You’re a single guy. You live by yourself, or maybe you have roommates. No matter. The place where you stay is your bachelor pad and eventually, if you’re lucky, a woman or two or twelve will be coming by to check it out.
The most important things to keep in mind when designing your bachelor pad are:
- YOU must be comfortable there.
- A WOMAN should not be uncomfortable there.
- It should reveal your PERSONALITY.
- It should be a FUNCTIONAL place to live.
- It should look like a MAN lives there.
Whether your pad passes the lady’s “test” or not could be the difference between heart-pounding success and mind-numbing failure. Of course, certain things are obvious and go without saying – such as your place should be clean, neat, and smell-free (or preferably smell good). However, keep in mind that it should look “lived in” and not like you just spent six hours cleaning it before she came over. You want her to be “impressed” but also comfortable.
However, the main thing to remember is that when this beautiful lady enters your place, she’s looking to make an assessment of your personality, to find out what kind of person you Really are, and trying to decide whether or not the two of you might be compatible (either short-term or long-term depending on her goals).
” I can’t leave home without it. If it ain’t with me I feel like I am naked. With the thousands of apps in the store, you can make this phone do just about anything. Except cook waffles in the morning.”
I love on a pair of crisp all-white dukies! Especially if they have the clear bottoms! They can be dressed up or down, it doesn’t matter. Thank-God for all-white Air Force 1′s.