Well the Christmas blitz is in full swing already. Jason Wu has designed a line of ornaments for Neiman Marcus & Target. The ornaments will cost you $49.99 for a set of three. Just in time for your decking the halls.
1. This Rolling Stone Cover to Cover DVD set allows your music lover to search over 98,000 pages of the iconic magazine– that’s every issue printed since it’s start in 1967 — Restoration Hardware
2. Every golfer needs this sporty and stylish Lacoste watch to make it to tee-time — Nordstrom
3. This weather-proof, floating speaker is perfect for taking his tunes on the go. Great for boats and pools — Neiman Marcus
4. Help him show off his school pride with a collegiate stamp — FineStationery
5. This personalized leather journal is perfect for a writer — FineStationery
6. Perfect for weekend getaways and stylish enough for business trips, this leather duffel bag by Marc Jacobs is a great gift for a traveling man — Nordstrom
7. The musician in your life will love this personalized stainless steel guitar pic — Etsy seller STuckintheCoop
8. Any grill-master will go ga-ga over this personalized meat brander — Williams and Sonoma
9. This casino-quality poker tournament set would be great for game nights — Restoration Hardware
What’s better than being “Mogul-Fresh as Hell“ and politically correct? Not much. Thanks to the creative minds and Green Hearts of the of the people over at Wood-Rings.Com, you can own an exquisitely unique piece of quality jewelry and help the planet at the same time. Through a partnership with American Forests, a tree is planted in America every time a purchase is made. The rings can be made from silver, gold, or white gold and a variety of different types of wood.
It is never to early to think about gifts for the holiday season. And if you Moguls have a BMW lover in your life we have the perfect gifts for you. Our friends at LUXUO has a rundown of the gifts you can pick up that will have your BMW enthusist smiling for the whole morning, at least.
BMW has launched the 2010 BMW Lifestyle Collection that includes gift ideas for the upcoming holidays.
There are surprises for adults and children alike – from Snow Racer sleds to USB sticks, from watches to back packs.
The BMW Lifestyle Collection is available online and at selected BMW dealerships. The whole list of products is detailed in the press release after the jump.
We can be all consumed during the Christmas holidays with shopping, decorating and cooking, that we may miss the reason for the season. While some do recognize this time of year as a celebration of the birth of Jesus, by playing that Boyz II Men Christmas CD, adorning their yard with a fiber optic Nativity scene, or attending early morning church service, there still are others that consider the needs of the less fortunate this time of year through Charity.
I know you’ve heard this all before, but as an Urban Mogul I am not suggesting that everyone should sacrifice watching the Lakers vs. Cavaliers game on Christmas Day to hand out free turkeys like some suburban version of Nino Brown. Rather strategize how to make this a Win- Win situation.
For example, giving money to charity by December 31st, is a great way to lower the taxable income you pay. Just keep your receipts for clothes donated to Goodwill, offerings given to Church, and you can even include out-of-pocket costs to help a charity, such as 14 cents a mile in transportation costs to do charitable work, or the cost of ingredients for the Prune Cobbler you made for a nonprofit’s bake sale.
If you want to take it a step further, check out – http://www.looktothestars.org/
This website lets you look up the charities that your favorite entertainers are supporting. For example, who knew that Kim Kardashian and I have something in common, more than a disdain for that show For the Love of Ray J. She also supports Soles4Souls, the international shoe charity dedicated to providing free footwear to those in desperate need.
You are Blessed to be a Blessing,
Merry Christmas to all and to all Goodnite
Hey Moguls we all know a thug or two, or at least a “I wanna be a thug!” So what better way to show them you care? Go get them a thuggie to keep them warm this season. Remember thugs get cold too!
All this talk about a recession and tough times can sink into your mentals if you let it. Some may be having a hard time, and the upcoming holiday season, which, in my opinion, can be compared to Santa Claus committing mass armed robbery, may bring on a few “bah humbugs”. If you can’t keep up with the normal spending frenzy, or are just choosing not to, don’t feel embarrassed or stressed. Instead, take whatever dollars you plan to spend, and make sure they provide you, and the ones you love, with as much “holiday cheer” and “goodwill” as you can. Some suggestions:
- Purchase a “Family Gift” that can be utilized throughout the time you will share for the holidays
- Take the opportunity to add some joy to the lives of those less fortunate. The amount you spend may not measure up to the expectations of Christmas Past, but it will still mean the world to someone who has nothing.
- Gift Differently: Instead of extravagant piles of frivolous fluff, give a treasured keepsake, create a collage of old pics no one has seen for years, or take a trip to your closest used book store.
These are just some ideas. But whatever you do, please don’t allow the financial blues become the focus of your holiday celebration…..that just ain’t right
To add a little flavor to that idea, here’s a little theme song for the holidays (or the whole recession). It’s funky enough to get the blood pumpin’, holiday party friendly, and can be enjoyed by the financially challenged….and the financially blessed. After all……we’re all pretty blessed….aren’t we?
Happy Holidays Moguls,
Christmas just got a little merrier!
This right here is the perfect gift for the Patron lover on your Christmas list. Uncle Ray can get a little toasted with everyone favorite tequila. The gift box includes 375ml mini-bottles of Patrón Silver, Patron Reposado, Patrón Añejo and Patrón XO Cafe.
I don’t usually partake in the Patron games, but if I run across one of these sets, I just may.
For $10 you too can have a pet that you don’t have walk, or clean up after, or feed, or.. in fact you don’t have to do a thing. The USB Pet Rock is a perfect paper weight. You can hook it up to your computer and watch it sit there! How great is that?
You can gets yours at thinkgeek.com for $10.
If you peeped my last post and plan to cop one of Stuhrling’s new pieces, then you may also need one of these….
I’m not the most fashion conscious guy in the world, but I like to think I’ve got style! My style is what I like to call “ClassyCasual”….it’s laid back, clean cut, and functional…but always features a unique flare. Today’s post is for those of us not lucky enough to have a winter address below the Mason-Dixon. Here’s a few tips to extend your style into the winter months, and how to look cool without being cold!
When the weather gets a little chilly…nothing helps keep the heat in like good head gear. But if you’re one of those still traumatized by your mother’s incessant bundling, you may have fostered a natural aversion to knitted skull caps! let’s look at the positives though:
- You can’t deny hats add to the warmth factor…which helps you maintain your UM swagger…cuz nothin’ takes the glide out of your stride like a chill down your spine +
- Skullies/Brimms come in a variety of styles, colors, patterns, and materials to make them user friendly for both men…and women +
- When you get inside, you can fold it up (most of ‘em) and put it in your back pocket…or purse….or leave it on +
The Rubik’s Cube gets a new look. No longer will we twist and turn the cube to match up colors. Now all it takes is a simple slide of the fingers on the touchcube to get your Rubik’s on. This updated touchcube should be in stores soon. How many of you actually mastered the original Rubik’s Cube?
Rubik’s TouchCube $150