The Benefits of My Vegetarian Journey
Written by SPEAK Easy on August 16, 2016
This is it! I successfully adhered to a vegetarian diet for 30 days. There were very few moments where I missed bacon, a great burger or the wings that I make that my daughters love.
As I have stated in my podcast, my goal is to maintain an 80% vegetarian diet and embrace my new lifestyle change. At this point, I can say that I’m striving to stay at 100%.
There are several ways that I have benefited, but I’ll share just a few and spare you the infomercial vibe.
1. I feel great and am never lethargic after a hearty meal. Some folks call that ‘itis.’ If you don’t know, ask a friend.
2. It took great discipline to stick to a new approach. Said discipline can be applied to other areas of my life, such as studying. #BrainsAndGains
3. I tried my hand at cooking dishes with foods I would’ve never bothered to try. My first homemade blackbean burgers were also a hit with my kids.
4. I now know the plight of my homie Dana who struggled mightily to find quality food when we made pit stops on our road trips to perform in several states across America.
5. Last, but not least….My physique is more lean (I don’t weigh myself), but I haven’t lost any of my gains!
Thanks to everyone who has supported me and inquired throughout my journey.