Mogul Etiquette 101: How To Move Thru A Holiday Party
Written by Danny P Ocean on November 3, 2014
And just like that Moguls the Holiday season is here. Time to be festive and jolly. And with all of the jolliness going around some of you may want to hit up a party or two that you’ve been invited to. But hold up! Before you get out there and make a complete fool out of yourself, make sure you know how to move in room full of partiers. Follow these fool proof rules you will remain the Mogul that you are with not a stain on your shirt.
- Find The Host – First thing you should do when you walk into the holiday party is find the person who invited you. A simple greet is appropriate here, because be certain that the host will have to talk to people all night. Don’t hog their space.
- Sit Where You’re Suppose To Sit – No need to try to change your seat. Not only will it make you look like you don’t belong. But it will probably piss off a person or four. Respect the fact that you are there and enjoy the conversation.
- Don’t Post Up At The Bar – First off all, other people are waiting to get their sip on also. Secondly, you don’t want to look like Norm all slouched on the bar. Get your drink, tip if suggested and keep it moving.
- Try Not To Get Caught Yawning Or Checking Your Watch – Yeah you may have better things to do, or the party could be the lamest of the year, but don’t look like it is fucked up. Smile a little, talk a little more, and focus on the moment. It will soon pass, trust me.
- Leave Your Napkin In Your Seat – The other partiers don’t want to see your marinara stained napkin.
- Know How To End Conversations – Sometimes a simple “It was nice meeting you” will suffice and walk off. Do not look back and do not pass go!!
- You Don’t Have To Eat From Every Hors D’Oeuvre Tray That Passes By – Does that require any explanations?
- Keep Your Suit Coat/Tuxedo Jacket On – Unless the AC stops working or the heat goes into hell mode, keep your coat on! You not only will remain James Bond cool in doing so, but it will eliminate some cat from walking off with your shit.
- Make It Thru The Night Without Getting Drunk – Unless you are Diddy or somebody, you don’t want to be that person that fucks up the party! You know the one who got so drunk that he spent the evening in the bathroom. You know the one who ended up cursing out the bartender because he gave them gin instead of Ciroc. You know the one. You don’t want to be him.
- Thank The Host – Before you vamoose for the night you have to thank the host. Let them know how much fun you had. Simple as that. No need to give them a rundown about who did what. Save something to talk about down the road.