I am not much of a dark liquor fan. I can tolerate it, but it definitely isn’t my beverage of choice when I am out and about. If it is up to me, pour me a glass of vodka on the rocks. Good vodka that is. Not the cheap stuff.
Over the years I have learned to respect the powers of Mr. Vodka. He can be enjoyable but oh so cruel if not careful. I have seen him bring a Mogul or two to their knees in the middle of the bar!! Vodka can be called “The Gift and The Curse”. Don’t fall victim to this Russian pleasure. Master your hooch.
- First and foremost if you plan on drinking the night away with vodka, make sure you are working on a full stomach. If not you’re going to need bread and pasta. The carbs will help soak up the alcohol. No need for the room to start spinning on you before midnight!
- Drinking vodka straight is not for the weak at heart. Most people need to mix it with juice or some kind. Don’t be afraid to know your style. If you need a gallon of cranberry for every 2 shots then cranberry away. I guess nothing is wrong with spiked Ocean Spray. But take note on how many you are consuming. These flavored drinks can sneak up on you real quick.
- But if you like yours straight make sure it is on the rocks. Let it sit for a little while, and sip it. The water will help dilute the bitter taste some vodkas give.
- However, you can also try the flavored vodkas. Ciroc Red Berry is a favorite of mine. With that one, you can damn near drink it straight from the bottle!!!! (Don’t try it!!)
- If you insist on taking shots, chase it down with Coke, juice, beer, water or whatever else you can get your hands on. Personally, I am a fan of the vodka and beer combo. A good cold one helps smooth the whole thang out.
- *Tip from our Russian Mogul friends. When you get home take a shot or two of pickle juice. This will eliminate the hangover and allow you to get to work on time in 3 hours!